Craving for an exceptional Japanese culinary treat? Explore Cambridge’s top-tier Japanese eateries, where you can indulge in the finest Su-Shi or Tempura to the heart-warming Ramen!
Looking for more good eats in Cambridge? Be sure to check out:
Handpicked based on impressive reviews and dedication to authentic Japanese experience, these places are a must-visit! Feeling peckish in Cambridge? Don’t wait! Give these places a shot. Jaws dropping culinary adventure alert!
What Are Some Popular Dishes At A Japanese Restaurant In Cambridge?
Some popular dishes at a Japanese restaurant in Cambridge may include:
- Ramen: This is a classic Japanese noodle dish that is usually served in a broth or soup. Ramen can be made with chicken, pork, seafood, vegetables or even tofu.
- Sushi rolls: Sushi rolls are pieces of fresh nori seaweed filled with fish, rice and other ingredients such as avocado and pickled ginger.
- Sashimi: This is a type of sushi that consists of raw fish sliced into thin pieces. It can be served with rice, noodles, or other dishes. There are many different types and styles of sashimi, but the most common ingredients are tuna and salmon.
- Unagi Don: Unagi means “freshwater eel” while don refers to the popular sauce used on this dish which includes wasabi paste, soy sauce and mirin wine vinegar along with garlic oil and sugar. Served over steamed white rice, unagi don is often ordered as part of an omakase – chef’s choice – set menu at some restaurants in Cambridge.
- Tempura: Tempura is another common dish found at most Japanese restaurants. The batter used in tempura is usually light and crispy, making it an ideal option for those with dietary restrictions (e.g., gluten-free). Plus, tempura often comes with dipping sauces that give it even more flavor options!
- Teriyaki chicken or beef: This is a succulent piece of grilled chicken or beef coated in your choice of teriyaki sauce, served with rice and steamed vegetables.
- Soba noodles: Soba is Japanese buckwheat noodle which can be enjoyed as a main course, tossed in soup or warmed up for lunch on the go. The perfect way to start the day!
There are a lot more mouth-watering Japanese dishes to try out at one of these outstanding Cambridge restaurants. So indulge in this variety!
The Best Japanese Restaurants In Cambridge
1) Tomita Sushi
One of the most popular restaurants in Cambridge using UberEats for delivery is Tomita Sushi. The eatery has a selection of rolls and party trays that are ideal for big parties, as well as several sushi and noodle alternatives.
Furthermore, not only are their portions big, but the seafood is also fresh and served on time by really courteous and pleasant staff members. So, think about going to Tomita Sushi if you want to sample a bit of Japanese food!
“I’ve been with Four Bells for a little over a year and it’s one of the best decisions I’ve ever made for my health. I’ve learned how to lift weights and do so safely and with proper form, and I’m really happy with my progress so far. Four Bells isn’t the only gym in town that can teach this, but the instruction quality is definitely top notch. It’s the culture that Mark and the rest of the coaches have built that is what really makes this place truly special. It is a positive, supportive, and often hilarious place where no one takes themselves too seriously while pushing their fitness hard at the same time. Four Bells gets my highest possible recommendation.”
2) Hi Sushi
Hi Sushi promises that you won’t be dissatisfied. Every meal they prepare is unique and made to the greatest standards, utilizing only the freshest ingredients to produce mouth-watering dishes that will leave you wanting more. Additionally, they have skilled sushi chefs who can make a variety of rolls and nigiri using local fresh fish.
Due to the staff’s remarkable friendliness and specialization in giving high-quality dining experiences, it is simple to take pleasure in your meal at this restaurant. The business also serves a large selection of items, including both traditional and modern sushi meals. This guarantees that everyone will find something to like.
“I’ve been going to Cyclone for a couple of months now since I moved back to Kitchener and it has been amazing! I started spinning about 4 months before and I can see how much going to cyclone has made me a stronger rider 🙂 Everyone is super sweet and lovely to chat to after or before a ride. I couldn’t imagine going to any other place in the K-W area!”
FAQs About Japanese Cuisine
Japanese cuisine is one of the most popular in the world, and Cambridge is home to many excellent Japanese restaurants. If you’re looking for a romantic dinner spot or an all-you-can eat buffet, there’s sure to be a Japanese restaurant in Cambridge that will fit your needs.