Experience the rich flavors of Italy in Cambridge’s finest Italian restaurants—your gateway to a culinary paradise!
Looking for more good eats in Cambridge? Be sure to check out:
- The 3 Best Japanese Restaurants In Cambridge
- The 3 Best French Restaurants in Cambridge
- The 3 Best Chinese Restaurants In Cambridge
- The 3 Best Bakeries In Cambridge
Embark on an Italian culinary voyage today in Cambridge, where every meal is a celebration of flavor!
What Are The Most Popular Italian Dishes?
There are a number of delectable Italian dishes that will blow your mind. Here we’ve compiled the list of the most popular ones:
- Penne alla vodka: This dish is a classic Italian pasta recipe that features penne noodles in a rich tomato sauce made with vodka. It’s perfect for those who love bold flavors and will definitely satisfy your hunger!
- Tiramisu: Another popular Italian dish, tiramisu is composed of ladyfingers soaked in espresso coffee and layered with mascarpone cheese and cocoa powder before being baked into a cake-like form. Its unique flavor combined with the sweetness of the ladyfingers makes it one of the most loved desserts on earth!
- Lasagna: A traditional Italian favorite, lasagna features layers of spaghetti filled with meat or vegetable filling followed by a layer of béchamel sauce topped off with parmesan cheese.
- Cannelloni: Similar to ravioli but featuring thicker pastas stuffed full of ricotta or mincemeat then boiled until tender, cannelloni are another delicious option for those looking for something light yet satisfying dinnerware-wise.
- Pizza Margherita: One pizza that simply cannot be missed when travelling through Italy – especially during summertime – is Pizza Margherita which combines mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, basil leaves and olive oil on top crust pizza.
- Calzone: Calzones are Italy’s answer to the Canadian poutine—they’re pockets stuffed with savory ingredients such as sausage, ground beef or pork loin and then fried until golden brown and crispy. Delicious no matter how you make them!
- Chicken Parmesan: This cheesy chicken dish is perfect for those who love salty foods combined with savory flavors – It’ll leave your mouth watering!
The Best Italian Restaurants in Cambridge
1) Capri Pizza
Capri Pizza is a well-known Italian restaurant that has been in business since 1972. The current location of the establishment on Dundas Street offers the perfect atmosphere for family-friendly eating. With roughly 25 seats, the restaurant provides a comfortable and cozy setting ideal for meeting up with friends.
Pizza is the specialty of this establishment, thus the ingredients are of the highest caliber, and the dough is always produced from scratch. Italian food, such as pasta and sweets, is also offered by Capri Pizza.
“I’ve been with Four Bells for a little over a year and it’s one of the best decisions I’ve ever made for my health. I’ve learned how to lift weights and do so safely and with proper form, and I’m really happy with my progress so far. Four Bells isn’t the only gym in town that can teach this, but the instruction quality is definitely top notch. It’s the culture that Mark and the rest of the coaches have built that is what really makes this place truly special. It is a positive, supportive, and often hilarious place where no one takes themselves too seriously while pushing their fitness hard at the same time. Four Bells gets my highest possible recommendation.”
2) Andy's Pizza - Cambridge
Andy’s Pizza is an excellent choice for a fast supper or dinner with friends. Pizzas and subs/salads are both available on the restaurant’s extensive menu. Along with its authentic Italian cuisine, Andy’s Pizza serves up some of the greatest garlic knots in the area.
No matter what you order, you will have a pleasant experience because of the place’s warm atmosphere and courteous employees. Be sure to visit Andy’s Pizza if you’re ever nearby (or even if you’re not)!
“I’ve been going to Cyclone for a couple of months now since I moved back to Kitchener and it has been amazing! I started spinning about 4 months before and I can see how much going to cyclone has made me a stronger rider 🙂 Everyone is super sweet and lovely to chat to after or before a ride. I couldn’t imagine going to any other place in the K-W area!”
3) Amici Restaurant
Amici Restaurant is a distinctive Italian eatery that specializes in traditional meals from the Tuscany and Emilia-Romagna regions of Italy. Recipes used here have been passed down through the generations of the Romanini family and only the freshest local ingredients are used. This guarantees that every meal tastes excellent and authentic.
The menu features a wide range of ethnic flavours in addition to classic Italian fare. This includes Asian dishes like Thai fusion curries and Indian tandoori chicken entrees.
“The coaching at this gym is top notch and very focused on improving your form. In a few short months my squat has improved in stability, range, and weight. I am not exactly a born athlete, so I appreciate the extra time the coaches spend to make sure I am doing the exercises in a safe manner. While CrossFit can get a bad rap for injuries, I think this is a safe gym to explore the sport. I also like that the gym offers powerlifting and gymnastics focused classes. The community is tight, and some are very competitive, but it is a great place to get stronger with like-minded people.”
FAQs About Italian Cuisine
If you are ever in the area and looking for a good place to eat Italian food, then these restaurants will definitely not disappoint.
With so many different types of cuisine available, it can be hard to decide on just one when you visit Cambridge. However, if you want some truly authentic and delicious Italian food, then make sure to check out any of the restaurants mentioned above.